Saturday 29 October 2016

Mosquitoes on neem


Me: I came across a large aggregation of mosquitoes on a neem tree one evening when I was mucking about. Having heard of the effectiveness of neem as a mosquito repellent I was surprised. Maybe even a little tickled at the tens of mosquitoes just sitting on the leaves, enjoying themselves. 

I decided right then and there to photograph the pests. It was an obviously risky venture. There was no chance of not getting bitten. I was glad that I lived in a relatively isolated area. The chance of catching a disease would be quite small. It took a long while. The camera was doing its best to be un-helpful, focussing on the leaves instead of the mosquitoes. 

Here are those pictures, which I took great pains to take.









No comments:

Post a Comment